Steps for name/gender changes on legal documents

Organization: National Center for Transgender Equality

Check your state for state-specific instructions on general name change, name/gender change on a birth certificate, and name/gender change on a driver's license. Check also for instructions for name/gender change on the following federal documents: US Passports, Social Security Records, Selective Service, US Immigration Documents, Military/Veteran Records, and Consular Birth Certificates.

Service Category: Legal