Rent Stabilization for Senior Citizens

Organization: New York City Government

SCRIE helps eligible senior citizens ages 62 and over stay in affordable housing by freezing their rent at a certain amount. Tenants pay the frozen rent. A property tax credit covers the difference between the actual rent amount and the frozen rent.

Application To apply, fill out application and mail them to: New York City Department of Finance Rent Freeze Program - SCRIE, P.O. Box 3179, Union, NJ 07083 You can also call 311 and request a SCRIE specialist or register with their client portal and send a message at

Service Category: Housing Money